Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Wow, Veere! What a town...

Yesterday, just 30 minutes from my house, while out exploring with my friend Jen and my globetrotting toddler, I discovered one of the most incredible, quaint European villages. Why it's taken me six months to find my way to the incredibly historic and picturesque Zeeuws town of Veere, I'll never know, but it certainly is spectacular. Most impressive were the old church and well, the tiny shopping district (be sure to check out the charming "Suster Anna" Café on the main street), and the medieval bell tower.

Needless to say, if you're in Zeeland, Veere is a must. But for now, enjoy the town - through my eyes...

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I love Veere. Enno and I were married in the Stadhuis 3 years ago next month. It is a special place for me. I get my hair cut there at Karin's Kapsalon so visit the town once a month. Just bought a darling teapot in Veere this week.