Sunday, December 02, 2007

A Walk Through the Countryside

Well, the rain briefly subsided, and I was able to convince myself to get dressed and take the dog on a walk. The Danish have a saying, that there's no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing (or something to that effect). How very wise!

I was ready... come what may. I tucked my dark, mud-proof pants into my big galoshes (boy are those fun... I felt like a kid as I jumped through the puddles), and pulled on a sweater, rain jacket, and thick down vest. And then there was no turning back.

We went for a few kilometers, facing the strong headwind like skiiers heading down snowy slopes, startling pheasants as we wandered through the quiet Zeeland countryside. We returned home three-quarters of an hour later, feeling refreshed and happy, to the smell of a fresh roast, and dinner practically waiting on the table. What a day!

No comments: